Over the last few months I’ve been posting excerpts from a presentation I give about the “married filing separately” filing status on Iowa tax returns.
We’ve reached the end of this series, and the parts are scattered across multiple months, so I am pulling together each post, with links, below.
- Issues 1, 2 and 3: Items of Income, And Other Basics
- Issues 4 and 5: Capital Losses, IRA Deductions
- Issue 6: Health Insurance Deduction
- Issue 7: Pension Exclusion
- Issues 8, 9 and 10: Moving Expenses, Student Loan Interest, Deductions Relating to a Dependent
- Issues 11 and 12: Filing Requirements, Federal Tax Refunds
- Issue 13: Deduction for Federal Taxes
- Issues 14 and 15: Itemized Deductions, Tax Credits